Monday, June 15, 2020

In Celebration of the Calla Lily

"Calla Lily Love"
The frame of my window
is covered in peeling green paint
and determined green vines.

A leaf next to my pinky finger
fills with rain, sinking down
to sleep on the frame edge.

The storm outside
stains the blue sky
as I type along.

I can see the calla lily shoots
my father planted
for my mother.

The cliché is "Life moves on",
but I'm sure I never want
this moment to.
~Celie

I chose this spectacular evening gown because of it's beautiful curves. I've never seen anything quite like it. It reminded me of the curves of a Calla Lily the instant I saw it. I think the earrings are perfect with the dress because of their simple design like the flower and the diamonds add a touch of elegance. The black heels are unusual. Normally you might want to wear an evening sandal with the gown but these heels with the soft metallic embellishment caught my eye. The evening bag repeats the colors and curves of the lily as well as the gown. The Calla Lily ring would be beautiful with this outfit. There isn't a Calla Lily perfume that I'm aware of so I chose this Givenchy "Organza" perfume for its shapely bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment