Friday, June 26, 2020

In Celebration of Black-eyed Susans

I've been told that my Grandmother Ruby's favorite flowers were Black-eyed Susans. I created this outfit in her memory.

I chose the yellow evening gown for it's color and because I thought the overlay fabric pattern was so unique and interesting. I chose the earrings because their design is based on the petal shape and dark center of the Black-eyed Susan. I chose the yellow lace heels for their color and texture but also for the crystal floral embellishment on the toes. I chose the black evening bag with floral embroidery because it mimics the design of the flowers. I chose the Lucite bracelet because it was made with genuine Black-eyed Susans. Normally I wouldn't style an evening gown with such a casual bracelet and bag but they are both #vintage and remind me of my Grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment