Monday, May 14, 2012

Gratitude Journals

Is it possible to say "Thank You" enough? Probably not. There was a time when Oprah and others were prompting us to keep "Gratitude Journals." Great shifts in consciousness were going to happen if we would find things to be grateful for every day and jot them down in a journal. I have kept Gratitude Journals from time to time. Yes, it does lift my spirits to see those entries on the page when I'm finished.  Does it really change our lives though? I'm not sure. I think keeping journals is a good idea for many people but I found that I connected less with the people around me when I put everything in a private journal.  I've heard that "women talk to heal" and I believe that to be true, at least on a personal level.  Women need to chat with other women throughout the day because it can relieve a lot of stress as long as the chats are supportive. Maybe jotting down "had a great chat with a good friend today" is the best of both worlds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

🏇Kentucky Derby Week Bag Policy🏇

Churchill Downs Racetrack will enforce a restricted bag policy from Saturday, April 27th, 2024 through Derby Day (Saturday, May ...