Saturday, September 19, 2020

In Celebration of the Sunflower

The first collage is how I planned to style the 
@jeanfarescouture  brown evening gown. I was inspired by the color and texture of the Sunflower. I chose the gown not only for it's color but also for it's wide neckline. I had been wanting to add a necklace to one of my Style Challenges for variety and thought this gown was perfect. The necklace I chose is a bit more subdued than the one my Lovely Readers chose. I liked the pearls in the necklace and in the pearl drop earrings that I had chosen to coordinate with it. Both mimic the shape of the petals of the Sunflower.  I chose the soft gold, metallic high heel sandals so there would be no competition with the layers of chiffon on the skirt of the gown. I chose the "Mother of Pearl" evening bag to accentuate the muted colors of the gown under the brown overskirt. I also liked the way the pearl finish of the  clutch provided a bit of shimmer. I think it would reflect light as the wearer moved around.


The second collage is how my Lovely Readers on my Kentucky Fashion Facebook page styled the evening gown. I think they did very well in their choices of accessories for this beautiful gown. I hope they enjoyed playing this Style Challenge. 🍂🌻


No comments:

Post a Comment