Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Mother, Alice

It has been four years since my mother passed away at the age of 89.  I miss her stories about growing up in Tennessee before and after World War ll. The  "Classic" style of her youth taught me that a few great pieces can work in a number of ways in my wardrobe. She didn't cut her long hair until the 1960's, preferring to wear an up do or sleek Chignon instead. She never wore it down for fear of it looking "stringy." My mother was vain enough to still worry about her weight and appearance well into her eighties. I have most of her costume jewelry and will always cherish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

🏇Kentucky Derby Week Bag Policy🏇

Churchill Downs Racetrack will enforce a restricted bag policy from Saturday, April 27th, 2024 through Derby Day (Saturday, May ...