Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Lipstick Etiquette

I was taught that it's impolite to put my lipstick on at the dinner table. I was told to excuse myself from the table and reapply in the restroom. I'm sorry to say that I have not followed those instructions but I will now.  I was also taught to blot off my lipstick before taking a drink from a glass.  I'm sorry to say that I don't do that either but now I will. I found these etiquette tips on a blog so I thought I would share.

•It’s bad manners to apply lipstick in public. Rather than put on your gloss at the restaurant table or at your desk in the office, it’s best to excuse yourself and touch up in the ladies room.
•One should never apply so much lipstick it comes off on the stemware. Which is kind of hard to tell when you’re applying – I mean even a little bit can come off. I see where they’re going with this though, it’s kind of nasty to see someone’s big red lipstick stains on glasses. Always blot before you drink ladies.
•Don’t leave your lipstick blotted napkins and tissues on the restaurant or dinner party table for all to see. Discreetly fold it up and put it in your pocket or purse if you’re not near a trash receptacle.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Pulitzer