Sunday, April 22, 2012

Where Did Our "Class" Go?

A funny thought occurred to me the other day.  I wondered if Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy Onassis and others would have had their own Collections of clothing and accessories?  I can't imagine them designing clothes for other women.  I just can't see them doing such a thing to increase their wealth.  What we liked about them was their class and their need to only be in the limelight when it was necessary.  I don't recall seeing a photograph of these women staggering out of a bar, make up smeared and hanging on a strange man.  These women had too much self-esteem and self-respect to behave like that.

Some time back our culture took a wrong turn.  That's when "Stripper Chic" became fashionable.  I knew we were in trouble when little girls clothing had the look of something a street walker would wear.  Then when people began installing stripper poles in their homes I knew we had reached the point of no return.


1 comment:

  1. A beautiful video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjiVOyp_e3Y&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete

Lily Pulitzer